Monday, August 10, 2009

Ride to E-city, Chandapura, Anekal

My colleague and myself had planned for a early morning ride. With Bangalore Bicycle championships round the corner, and being a MTB race I was gearing up to hit the trails near Sarjapur and didn't want to miss the ride but due to the bad weather and coming home late in the night, that ride never happened. Slept an extra 2 hours just to kill time. Got up by 8 and again slept for another 2 hours and finally woke up by 10am.

A peek outside the window, a thought raced across 'how about a ride?', then dismissed the idea thinking that the weather was very deceptive. The sun might be out while riding and if I attempt a ride then I would be drained within 2 hours.

knowing that I had missed the ride, frustration was beginning to build. Had my breakfast. I had downloaded the videos on my handy cam onto my comp and thought it would be a good idea to edit those. During this time, a thought was running through my mind saying 'you can later come back from a ride and do the editing stuff', sat down turned on my comp and....the power went off!!

Immediately got into my riding gear, poured water into the hydration pack, pulled out some chocolates from the refrigerator, stretched a bit, and in about 20mins was on the saddle. Checked the time it was 12.45.....

Headed towards my favourite destination bannerghatta, near JP nagar thought it would be nice to ride towards electronic city and check the status of Flat which I had purchased from Concorde housing group around 1.5yrs back in electronic city, and due to recession and other problems the project was being delayed.

Rode till country club, took a left turn to Electronic city. The ride was pretty fast and the clouds were closing in. Thought it would rain, but thankfully that never happened. The initial plan was to go to electronic city, have a look at my flat and head back home. Reached the construction site, checked the status and headed back via Hosur road. Instead of taking a left at electronic city, took a right. It was as though my bike resisted going back home.

P1050157

It was a fast ride averaging about 25km/hr. Stopped at a chai shop to hydrate myself. When I was having badam milk, was surrounded by locals, who were asking question like 'Does the cycle have a motor?','Do you need to pedal?'....cleared all their doubts and was back again on the saddle. Took a right and headed towards Chandapura.

P1050165

From Chandapura onwards the head winds gave a visit and never left until I reached JP Nagar. It was real pain, my average dropped significantly by the time I ended my ride.

Reached bannerghatta national park, took a right to Bangalore. Reached home by around 5.20pm.

Total Distance : 81km

Ride Time : 4hr 10mins

Avg Speed : 19.44km/hr

After reaching home, realised that I didn't do a off road ride :). But was satisfied that I could at least ride.

Flickr Photos : http://www.flickr.com/photos/modi-kumar/sets/72157622001140512/


No comments: